PHX LUV operates on local grant funding, donations, neighborhood volunteers, good ideas, creativity and positive momentum.
Be a part of our PHX LUV community and meet people who share your love for Phoenix. Connect, learn, and engage with our Sunnyslope neighborhood.
Event space, mountain amplitheatre, library, reference, and mentor-ship.
Event space, community volunteerism.
Lighting, re-wiring, technical advice, Hatcher Urban Business Leadership
Fiscal sponsor, mentor, civic platform.
Coffee, culture, and innovation.
Flyer printing, Hatcher Urban Business Leadership, and overall community activism and support.
Buckets & trash pickers, mentors, and compatriots of the environment
Computer upgrades, tech advice, and workmanship. Event coordinators and all around do-gooders.
Graffiti removal, community support, tool rental, neighborhood college, paint supplies, bags & gloves.
Goods, commitment to quality, Hatcher Urban Business Leadership, puppy love, and emotional support.
Goods, buttons, and inspiration.
Resident volunteer hours, clean up projects, events, grant writing, quarterly reports, annual reports, museum & community garden docents, committee planning, board service, commission and subcommittee service, website & media, public relations, and civics.
Operation Blue Ribbon Community Softball Game, Slopefest, G.A.I.N. Day, Hope in the Slope Week, Love Your School Day, Desert Horizon Precinct Blood Drive, Earth Day Clean Ups, Arbor Day Plantings, National Clean Up Day, National Parks Week, National Trails Day, Public Lands Day, Phoenix Summit Challenge, Parks & Recreation National Trail Trek, Hatcher Holiday Market & Parade, and the HUB holiday Toy Drive.
Area clean ups, Desert Defenders Trail Alliance at Phoenix Mountain Preserve, City of Phoenix Park Stewardships, Recycling donation drives with Sunnyslope Historical Society, Garden Club Sip & Seed workshops with Keep PHX Beautiful, Phoenix Neighborhood Patrol, and Neighborhoood Block Watch Meetings
ECONOMY & SENSE OF PLACE
Attract local and high end businesses, quality restaurants, and essential stores. Educate on ATA, install signage on vacant lots, reduce trespassing. Build and protect the neighborhood's character and neighbors' attachment to it. The strength of the community is only as strong as the bonds between people, people and place, and the systems' interactions with the place. When all people have a sense of belongingness, it can extend outward to the community. Our parks and community spaces are touchstones of our local neighborhood.
Litter control, safer streets (speed limit, speed bumps, bike lanes, crosswalks) crime reduction for burglaries and education of sex offenders, light up dark spots and alleys, gated alley program, illegal dumping, litter, open fires, drug use, hazmat & encampments.
EDUCATION & ENGAGEMENT
Community engagement: outdoor festivals/events, preservation of Sunnyslope buildings, organizations, parks, and trails. Focusing on washes, alleys, nearby pedestrian streets. Celebrating and taking pride in our neighborhood & protecting it for future generations. Gratitude, taking back our parks, and community spaces, etc. Using grants and donations to complement safer streets and crime prevention projects. Volunteer events, recycling education and donation drives, food donation drives, area clean ups, voter registration drives, and holiday toy/gift drives.
Work along with and in tandem to other neighborhood leaders, groups, local businesses, nonprofits, foundations, schools, artists, city departments, Phoenix Police Department, and Phoenix Parks Department to complete neighborhood maintenance and beautification projects.
North 7th Place to Cave Creek Road
East Peoria Avenue to East Mtn View Road
SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS
FELLOW BLOCK WATCH GROUPS
GRANT PROJECTS: 3
TRAILS RESTORED: 2
GARDENS PLANTED: 1.5
COMMUNITY EVENTS: 20
PUBLIC ART PROJECTS: 2
VOLUNTEER HOURS: 2,033
SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVES: 3
POUNDS OF LITTER REMOVED: 900
Chief Executive Officer
Neighborhood enthusiast, creator, and wild keeper.
Our problem solver with an eye for details.
Chief Financial Officer
Treasurer, co-grant writer, and block watch confidant.
Our block patrol & social butterfly.
Chief Administration Officer
Event coordinator, technofile, and graphic designer.
Our cheerleader & stabilizing force.
City of Phoenix Love Your Block, City of Phoenix Neighborhood Block Watch, City of Phoenix Office of Arts & Culture Commission, Phoenix Revitalization Corporation, The Nature Conservancy Arizona, Urban Heat Leadership Academy.
Arizona Department of Forestry & Fire Management, Arizona Department of Agriculture, United States Forest Service, Maricopa County Relief, Arizona Wildlife Federation, Arizona Parks & Recreation, Arizona State Parks & Trails, National Crime Prevention Council, Arizona State University School of Art, Arizona State University School of Global Studies, Arizona State University School for the Future of Innovation in Society, Tito's Block to Block, and the Sierra Club Arizona
2023 Impact Report
GRANT PROJECTS: 3
TRAILS RESTORED: 2
GARDENS PLANTED: 1.5
COMMUNITY EVENTS: 20
PUBLIC ART PROJECTS: 2
VOLUNTEER HOURS: 2,033
SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVES: 3
POUNDS OF LITTER REMOVED: 900
PURPOSE: We are here to inform, educate, and engage the community. Our Mission is always to find ways to beautify our neighborhood, empower neighbors with the right tools, prevent crime, foster community connections and allow the flow of information, ideas, and upcoming events..
DATA: We do not collect data nor sell/feed/supply your data to third party vultures. We are here to simply inform and hope to engage the community. This is a free website to all, we don’t require donations, fees, or membership dues. You have received email from us because you have you listed your contact information on public block watch meetings rosters or have emailed us directly. You are welcome to unsubscribe at any time. Additionally, we encourage you to share the information you review with your neighbors, as you see fit.
ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION: We are not responsible for information made available on this site that is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is fueled by neighborhood volunteers and provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk. This site may contain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of the site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site. Despite rigorous and numerous years in the AZ public education system, including and especially reading, language and literature classes, county and state approved linguistics education, several embarrassing years of required speech therapy, four-time presidential award winner of the Student Book News in grades 4th through 7th, and an Alumni from the Arizona State University Walter Cronkite School of Journalism & Mass Communication, we still often make grammar errors that are ridiculous and seemingly obvious in nature. Spelling mistakes are embarrassing, especially our own! But please know that we do care and we are trying our next level best to make it right, current, relevant, corrected, and updated to the best of our knowledge. Thank you for your patience and attention to detail. You're pretty awesome.
PROHIBITED USES: You are prohibited from using this site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial, state, or homeowner association regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit to false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operations of the service, our website content, or of any related website, other websites, or fellow neighborhood groups.
EXTRATERRITORIAL SCOPE: We comply with Arizona Confidentiality Law Section R4-6-1105, Arizona Data Privacy Law, Arizona Common Law: Right to Privacy, City of Phoenix Ethics Policy: Procedures and Standards Handbook, Arizona Corporation Commission, Phoenix Block Watch Advisory Board, Phoenix Neighborhood Patrol, Phoenix Police Department Citizens Police Academy, Phoenix Police Department Desert Horizon Precinct Commander and Community Action Officers, Federal Trade Commission Guidelines & Disclosures, United States Privacy Act, Fair Information Practice Principles, United States Internal Revenue Service, Phoenix Neighborhood Block Watch Oversight Committee, Phoenix Office of Art & Culture (POAC), General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) , California Online Privacy Protection Act.
VIEWS AND PERSPECTIVE: We live by the the Golden Rule. We believe in the Golden Ratio, the Rule of Thirds, the Rule of Thumb, the Rule of Law, Environmental Law, and Perspective. We admire science backed data published in blue ribbon journals. We know Pi to the eight decimal point and use it to find solutions to everyday problems.
COOKIES: We will not use “cookies” or web beacons in order to deliver web content specific to individual users’ interests or to keep track of online transactions. Quite frankly, we are here to provide information when you want it, nothing more. Sensitive personal information is not stored within cookies, or any other way. We value your privacy. And we encourage you to never compromise your data. However, please know that we adore actual and edible cookies. We want hear about your favorite cookie recipe or meet you at a nearby bakery to actually eat cookies, anytime. Oatmeal cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason some of us have trust issues. So we are all dealing with that in our own ways. Proceed with caution.
EXTERNAL SITES: This Site may contain links to other web sites. Some of those web sites may be operated by third parties. We provide the links for your convenience, but we do not review, control, or monitor the privacy practices of web sites operated by others. We are not responsible for the performance of web sites operated by third parties or for your business or volunteer dealings with them. Therefore, whenever you leave this Site we recommend that you review each web site’s privacy practices and make your own conclusions regarding the adequacy of these practices. We can't protect you from everything, but we strive to stay ahead of the curve.
INTERPRETATION: The terms "we", "us", "our" refers to PHX LUV, and our Board of Directors, Members, Residents, Home Owners, Business Owners, Artists, Park Stewards, Community Leaders, Neighbors, Next Door Neighbors, Volunteers, Community Docents, Gardeners, Designers, Curators, Students, Neighborhood Locals, Activists, Grant Writers, Visitors & Guests, Well Behaved Dogs, Family and Friends, Neighborhood Groups, Vendors, Fiscal Sponsors, and other Local Do-Gooders.. The terms "you", "your", and "you're" refer to to any person who provides us with information in any form, or by any means , or is simply reading along as part of the audience.
PRIVACY OFFICER CONTACT DETAILS: Our Privacy Officer can be contacted in the following ways:
1. Telephone number: 602.888.3996
2. Email address: email@example.com
3. Postal address: 755 East Hatcher Road, Phoenix, AZ 85020
UNSUBSCRIBE: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or click the unsubscribe link on the bottom of your emails.
SOCIAL MEDIA: Please note that the Social-Media-Page plugins available on the bottom of our Website, available under the URLs https://www.instagram.com/hellophx and https://www.facebook.com/hellophx (Collectively, the “Website”) only provide the links to the correspondent Social Media. No Personal Data is transmitted to these Social Media via our Website unless you click the links to the correspondent Social Media. By clicking on the plugin button, you will be redirected to our Social-Media-Page made available by the respective Social Media. For this to occur, we may collect cookies in order to connect you to the respective Social-Media-Page and your browser may transmit the IP address of your end-device to the server of the Social Media, as well as the browser’s technical data so that the server can establish the format that the content is to be delivered to that address. Additionally, the browser transmits information relating to the desired content. We cannot control which Personal Data the browser transmits or how your Personal Data is processed by Social Media, as this is not under our control nor responsibility.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The term ‘PHX LUV‘ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is PO Box 26303, Phoenix, AZ 85068. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
This website is copyright of PHX LUV ©. Some rights reserved.
PHX LUV, website and blog by PHX LUV is licensed under the Arizona Corporation Commission.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
• you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
• you may copy free access content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
• you must gain express permission from PHX LUV to use this material in other publications, reports or other documents in advance. Permission must be obtained in writing and may be requested by emailing email@example.com. PHX LUV and the listed content author or City Department must be credited for the work and the original publication date listed.
• for all subscriber only content you must gain express permission from PHX LUV before reproducing, linking to, or sending content to individual third parties.
Free website content may be referenced and linked to from other websites or social media on the condition that PHX LUV receives credit for the work.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR WEBSITE USAGE
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the text, design, layout, look, appearance, images and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the Arizona State Statutes and Common Law
• Opinions expressed on this website are those of the respective contributing user only. These views do not represent those of PHX LUV, its neighbors, residents, or guests. PHX LUV is not responsible for and disclaims all liability for content and comments contributed to PHX LUV blog or social media accounts.
• Website users agree that any comments or images they post will not defame, compromise the trade secrets or violate the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold PHX LUV harmless from any claims, losses or liabilities based on a violation of the foregoing representation.
• Our website does not allow the addition of anonymous comments. Each user posting to the site understands that the post/comment can be traced to their specific user account containing their email address, user name, date and time of sign up and IP address at date and time of sign up.
• By posting comments on our website you agree to allow the content to be re-used or quoted by PHX LUV without further notification.
• Users sometimes include references to other websites beyond the control of PHX LUV. As such PHX LUV cannot be held responsible for the content of such websites.
• We will delete advertising posts, marketing ads, chain mails, spam, junk posts, and anything we identify as phishing or funny business. If you have been blocked online, please consider that stands for in real life too. The system is designed to provide a platform for discussion for our neighbors, not as a means for advertisers to promote their websites or products. Exceptions will be made for local neighborhood groups, community events, and Sunnyslope happenings. PHX LUV editors will decide what is acceptable or not on a case by case basis. PHX LUV reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
ETHICAL AND RESPONSIBLE PHILANTHROPY POLICY
In order to make a positive contribution with significant impact on society, PHX LUV’s priority philanthropic activity is focused on supporting and preserving our community. Other philanthropic activities can also include beautification, crime prevention, social inclusion activities, environmental stewardship, historical preservation, humanitarian aid or emergency response. This policy aims to clarify the governance of our philanthropic activities and explain our ambitions and activities to all our partners (neighbors, charitable organizations, foundations, supporters, etc.)
This policy applies to all philanthropic activities carried out and supported by PHX LUV entities throughout Phoenix, whether they are defined and organized locally or state levels.
The term “philanthropic”, as used here, means the provision of supplies, technologies, skills or financial support to public-interest causes without seeking any financial gain, while nevertheless recognizing that such activities may contribute indirectly to the organization’s reputation or the image of its neighborhood and volunteer efforts. Philanthropy is distinct from sponsorship, whose purpose is to make the PHX LUV, its brand, neighborhood or volunteer efforts more widely known. Philanthropy is also separate from the support PHX LUV provides to academic or similar activities (for example, university chairs or institutes), trade associations or other organizations (such as the Phoenix Mountains Preservation Council, Sunnyslope Village alliance, etc.)
• We only support non-profit, public-interest organizations that share our Ethical Principles.
• We do not support organizations whose primary aim is to promote religious exclusivity, political convictions, fraud or criminal activity.
• We ensure there are no conflicts of interests when selecting partners (charitable organizations, NGOs, etc.) and projects to support.
• We ensure that charitable contributions and other philanthropic activities are not “hidden” acts of corruption and that they do not seek to influence a decision in our favor.
• We choose projects where we can have a proven positive and measurable impact.
• We prioritize long-term commitments.
• We ensure that we have the financial, human and technical resources to support our philanthropic projects over the long term.
• We encourage our neighbors to support PHX LUV’s philanthropic activities.
• We do not require our community partners to contribute to the philanthropic activities supported by PHX LUV.
• We respect our philanthropic partners’ projects, strategic decisions and expertise.
• We ask our partners to be transparent in the use of the funding, products or skills we provide.
• We ask our partners to keep us regularly informed of the project’s progress and any difficulties encountered while taking into account their size and capacity for monitoring, to ensure that we do not demand a disproportionate level of reporting.
We make the extra effort to reduce, recycle right, and up-cycle creatively. We print on recycled paper, and use eco-friendly products. We educate and encourage neighbors to lower their carbon footprint, garden, and compost. To find ways to reduce consumption, energy, water, and waste. We love planet earth and we believe in second chances. We protect our Natural Resources, flora & fauna, Mother Nature, and cherish the sacred land that we occupy. We intend to be the very best guests, good stewards for our environment, and constant learners of our unique desert climate, We are updated and involved with the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality Sub-committies, Environmental & Sustainability Commission, City of Phoenix Office of Heat Response & Mitigation, and the Urban Heat Leadership Academy. It's our policy to seek continual improvement throughout community operations to lessen our impact on the local and global environment by conserving energy, water, and other natural resources: reducing waste generation; recycling right and; reducing our use of toxic materials. ♻️